Sunday, June 26, 2011

6 weeks 5 days today!

This past Friday we had our first ultrasound at the RE's. We got to see our sweet baby and his or her heartbeat!! The heartbeat was 114 and started bawling the minute I heard it... It was awesome. The thought that something that small has a heart that is beating and is living inside of me just blows me away. The dr said that if she goes by my last period I am 7 weeks but the baby is measuring at 6 weeks. She isn't concerned about it though because my follicles took a long time to mature so we ended up doing the IUI about a week late. They also did some blood work and found out that my thyroid is low again so they are upping the dose from 50mcg to 75mcg. It worries me a little but the nurse assured me that it is normal for women with thyroid issues to have to adjust their mess during pregnancy and that they would continue to keep a close eye on it. She wants to see me back in two weeks for another ultrasound and wants me to make an appt with my OBGYN for 4 weeks from now.

So far things have been going really well. My symptoms are pretty textbook so far.
*I'm pretty nauseous every morning until about 12:00 or 1:00. Luckily I haven't thrown up yet which I am extremely grateful for. I am having to get up a little earlier than normal so that I can eat breakfast first instead of waiting till I'm leaving like I normally do. Also my mom bought me some Sea bands which I think are helping but I'm not sure.
*Before I got pregnant I never ever woke up in the middle night. Now I get up between 3:00am to 3:05am every single morning to pee.
*I'm thirsty for water all the time.
*I'm feeling slightly moody but I'm trying really hard to reign that one it as I know that it's only going to get worse.

It's weird to me how different I feel emotionally about this pregnancy compared to the last one. Sometimes I have to work really hard at letting myself get excited but I supposed that's probably normal right? I just feel so much more logical this time around if that makes sense. Honestly it's hard to put it into words. Slowly though I'm adjusting to the idea that I'm allowed to be happy about this.

10 comments:

Lauren said...

Wonderful news!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you:) And you sound like a textbook pregnant person with your symptoms.

And as you would know, going by your last menstrual period to date your pregnancy is completely innaccurate. Going by your IUI/ovulation date is the only thing that makes sense. I'm surprised your RE even bothered to mention the differences in those two dates, since the LMP is totally irrelevant.

To A T said...

AWESOME picture!!! :D I'm so happy for your Coco!!!

I agree with Lauren. Seems weird that your RE would go by your LMP if your IUI was later. With B I know I o'd on CD18 which was later, so I was a bit behind what my OB thought at the first couple appts.

Can't wait to hear how things keep progressing! All those RPS sound great!

Andrea said...

:) That's all :)

Robin said...

Congratulations!!!!

Browniris said...

That is SO great! Congratulations!

junebug said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you!!

To A T said...

Hey Coco- just checking in! I hope things are going well! :)

Anonymous said...

Also just wondering how things are going. Hope you're feeling well.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing nice information. Your articles are always helpful
Beauty Tips, Recipes

Nguyễn Hoa said...

Giầy bảo hộ lao động,
Mũ bảo hộ lao động,
Kính bảo hộ lao động,
Áo phản quang
Áo phông đồng phục
Két sắt,
ket sat,