Monday, May 16, 2011

Late bloomers

Today I had an ultrasound to check my follicles. Usually by CD12 I have several decent sized follicles so they tell me to come back in 48 hours for another check and then they schedule the insemination. Today I had one on the right side at 11 with several small ones and about 17 small ones on the left side that she didn't even bother to measure. She said that for some reason the 11 really jumped ahead of the others but she wants to give them some more time. So I go back on Thursday morning to check them again. The dr said that if they are still behind then she may put me on some more clomid. Part of me is happy because I am really hoping for a Saturday insemination so I won't have to miss any work but I definitely DON'T want to take anymore clomid. I have been on a freakin rollercoaster with my emotions this weekend!

12 comments:

Lauren said...

Hmm, it's interesting how differently REs work. My RE would just go with that one 11mm follie, and would never put me on drugs mid cycle, especially if I had a follicle growing. At my clinic, an 11mm follicle on CD 11 or 12 is the standard byt which they go. IF you've got that, you're pretty much guaranteed to be good to go for that cycle and they will just keep monitoring you until that one matures.

Good luck! I hope you don't have to go on the clomid roller coaster again this month!

Robin said...

Good luck... :) I agree with you that Clomid is no fun.

Krystyn said...

I actually had that happen with one of my cycles. It looked like there were a few lead follicles and a few small ones. They uped my meds and we ended up with 9 total...that was for IVF though but stimulation is stimulation. I hope you great news on Thursday!!

Morgan Owens said...

I hope you don't have to go on Clomid, it totally makes us all homicidal and stuff! Goodluck and keep us updated! :)

Queen Bee said...

((hugs)) lady!

i'm rooting for you and your follies!

To A T said...

Keeping everything crossed for you girl!!!

Grow follies grow!!

Anonymous said...

Crowe , Ron and Dick allfucked by BillClinton.

junebug said...

Coco!!! Yeah! I'm glad this cycle is going well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Clomid is one mean witch - wait - it just makes me one mean witch. :-)

Lucky Jones said...

praying for you!! :) xoxoxo

Mic said...

Hey, so sorry for the late comment. I started a new job this week and I haven't been around on the blog land. I'm so excited to see you are back on the treatment wagon. Is your IUI scheduled for tomorrow? Thinking of you Coley!!

xoxo

To A T said...

just wondering how youre doing hun! Hope things are going well!

Summer Athena said...

hi. checking in on you.