Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Opinions wanted!

Gotta make this quick since im on my lunch at work...
This cycle i am back on Femara. (yay!) Today is CD9. I have been sick since Friday night with a bad virus. The dr has me on steroids and something for my cough. This morning when I pottied there was bright red blood on the TP. When I went again about an hour later there was still some but not as much as before. Now its down to brown spotting. I havent ever had any issues with break through bleeding on femara before. Should I just chalk it up to being sick and on meds? Anybody have any experience with this?

Sent from my iPhone

4 comments:

Lauren said...

I have no idea what you should chalk it up to. The last time I had break through bleeding was on an unmedicated but monitored cycle where I had zero follicle growth. I don't think that's necessarily what you have here. Breakthrough bleeding is just a weird hormonal thing I think. I guess it could have something to do with you being sick and on meds... I haven't heard of that before though. Breakthrough bleeding because you're sick??

There may not even be any significant reason for it!

Lucky Jones said...

Yep, I don;t think there is any rhyme or reason for it.. Sometimes there just is mid-cycle spotting, maybe you are o-ing early???

Cousins Chaos said...

I think if you ever question anything, you should call your doc! Hoping it is only a fluke thing.

Lauren said...

Just an FYI, I have been spotting lightly for 3 days now and I'm still breastfeeding exclusively (10 months now), haven't started getting my period back, and even when I have my period I don't ovulate most of the time. And that's all it's been, just 3 days of light spotting.

So sometimes there's no rhyme or reason for it.