Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Happy things!

This past weekend was a rough one. I was ovulating and my heart just wasn't in it. I was feeling hopeless and depressed. Honestly, I think that after 2 1/2 years it pretty normal for me to feel like this every once and a while but I know myself and know that if I let it a little depression will pull me down fast like quicksand. So, I thought I'd share a few things that kept me at bay from the loony-bin and a smile on my face.



Orly nail polish in Charged Up
I actually bought this weekend before last but every time I looked down at my toes I felt a little happy. :) I almost didn't "splurge" the whole $4.50 since I had just bought clothes but I'm so glad I did!

Marbled Cheesecake Brownies

My mom made these for me and really do I need to say any more? ;)



Hubs fixed the jets in my mom's tub

(We are staying with her but more on that later) We decided to put a TON of bubble bath in a turn the jets on. It was C-R-A-Z-Y! This pic was taken after I cleaned up a bathroom full of bubbles. (Oh and the Smirnoff's didn't hurt either ;)











These two lovies














These two are always there for me, no matter what. They know when I need snuggles and when I need to laugh. I love them so much!

4 comments:

Emmy said...

I'm sorry that you were feeling down. I LOVE that nail polish color!! It's gorgeous! I want it now!

Robin said...

Those ARE happy things. I love the nail polish.. and the tub sounds awesome!

Chele said...

That's the key! We've done the bubbles thing a time or too. The brownies looked soooooooooo good. My furbabies make me happy too, unless they are stinking themselves up by rolling on something they have killed.....poor little Thumper. I keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Hang tough!

Lucky Jones said...

<3 <3 HUGS!! too bad I wasn't in TX or you weren't in Oregon, I would totally take you out for a pedi and cheescake ;)

You have an award btw!!