Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Excuses, excuses, excuses...

Let's talk about excuses for a minute, shall we?

You see, I am the master of excuse-making.
Why didn't I do any house work all week?
Why am I always running late?
Why did I eat a whole bag of Reeses Pieces?

I can give you a million excuses right off the top of my head.

"I was too tired, duh..."
"I planned on doing it tomorrow..."
"I got too busy..."
"I must have slept through my alarm..."
"I didn't have a big dinner..."
"It's just a one time thing..."

My biggest one, however, is why I have let my weight get out of control and more importantly why I NEVER exercise. Some of my excuses for the first are valid... infertility and PCOS for example. The latter though? Not so valid. The excuses range anywhere from "I have to get home to let my dogs out" and "I'm in the 2 week wait so I don't want to exert myself just in case I'm pregnant". Yeah, not so valid reasons. The really sad part is that my employer pays for me to have a gym membership to a very nice gym. Pathetic huh? I just can't get myself there. After work all I want to do is go home and there is no way in h*ll I'm getting up at 5am to go.

So on my way home from work today, I stopped by Target and bought this on a whim...

Now I have no excuse. I can exercise at home, take my dogs out, don't have to worry about the weather, and it only takes 20 minutes.

So, today was day 1 and let me tell you that Jillian kicked my butt. Seriously. It was intense, hard and tiring. My body is WAY out of shape. By the time I was done I was drenched in so much sweat I couldn't sit anywhere and had to shower immediately. An hour and a half later my legs were still shaking.

I'm feeling pretty dang good that I made it all the way through. Now if I can just keep it going I will be feeling even better. :)

10 comments:

Lucky Jones said...

I always say that Jillian Michaels is the devil and hates me. I used to do this before my surgery last year and she always kicked my butt. I have had a year long excuse to keep that darn DVD tucked away but I know I am gonna have to bring it back out eventually. But she is pretty amazing in how fast she whips you into shape :) keep with it girl!

Samantha said...

buying it is a big leap! I'm proud of you!! I'm afraid it'd leave me with a heart attack

junebug said...

You go girl!!! I fight with myself everyday about working out. Ugh!

BabyWid said...

Keep it up! I'm about to get this exact same workout video!!

Chele said...

You can do it!

The Baby Race said...

I totally make all those excuses. Every one. And I feel so bad about how much my weight has gotten out of control. Good for you!!! You're inspiring me.

Sarah said...

Good job! Keep it up!

Robin said...

I know those excuses! But it feels really good to finally do it. I'm proud of you for trying that! Good luck!

Carrie said...

Sounds like you aren't making excuses anymore! Way to kick but with Jillian!

To A T said...

I'm the queen of excuses too! Let's lose this weight together girl!! :) So proud of you for starting this!