Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My necklace

Right after my miscarriage I knew that I wanted to get something to remember the baby with, preferably some kind of jewelry. I looked for a couple of weeks but I couldn't find anything that "spoke" to me. I looked at every possible store online but everything was obviously for a miscarriage. I didn't want something that would cause people to ask questions and never named the baby so I didn't want anything engraved. I started to feel almost frantic about not having anything.
I have a necklace with a heart charm on it that hubs gave me while we were engaged. It always reminds me of him and how much he loves me. I ended up make a charm myself to go on the same necklace. I figure it was fitting to have a charm for hubs and a charm for the baby on the same chain.

The color of the bead is the birthstone for November. Technically, the my EDD was in July but we conceived in November, found out we were pregnant in November, and miscarried in November so it seemed fitting.


My favorite part is that most of the time, the charm sits snugly in the middle of the heart. :)

7 comments:

Lucky Jones said...

I love the necklace - it's so touching to have the reminder of your little angel :) glad to see you are doing better, I know it's a slow process to heal but each day is a step in the right direction :) 2010 is gonna be your year - I can just feel it!

'Murgdan' said...

Very pretty. And I love all the hidden meaning.

Robin said...

It's beautiful!

ifcrossroads said...

Very pretty. I'm glad you are able to keep your baby close to your heart at all times .... ((((hugs))))

AJ48 said...

That is such a good idea. Now your baby will always be close to your heart! Beautiful necklace!

Morgan said...

That's such a beautiful necklace coco..i love the color and you couldn't have picked a more perfect charm. Thinking about you!

Chele said...

I love it. We made a rose garden in our baby's memory. Hugs.