Tuesday, June 30, 2009

My body never ceases to surprise me!

***TMI alert!***

I had been doing so good. I didn't even know what CD I was. I have been working really hard at coming to terms with the fact that this just isn't going to happen anytime soon. I have been really praying for God to help me realize that this is all going to happen in HIS time, not mine.

Before I start, let me remind you the I have PCOS, I don't ovulate on my own, and I am not taking any meds this cycle.

Saturday, when I went to the bathroom I had a little EWCM. No biggie, sometimes I get it at random times. However, I never have more than something so small it has to be searched for. Sunday I had a pretty large amount compared to what I am used to. Then I started wondering. Yesterday when I went pee I had the biggest amount of EWCM I have EVER seen. We are talking like the size of a bouncy ball and with a stretch of like 2 inches! Of course, I immediately got on Fertility Friend and found out I was on CD12. When I got home I took the very last OPK I had with pee that was only 2 hours concentrated. I got the faintest of lines.

So, my questions are these:

**I seem to remember reading somewhere that PCOS can cause you to get false positives/lines on OPKs but I can't remember where. Has anyone else ever heard of this?

**Should I go out and buy more OPKs? I go back and forth between this one. I would love to actually know for sure what's going on but I hate to spend the money on them (we are trying to save everything we can). I kind of feel like it doesn't really matter at this point... ?

I'm trying really hard to not get my hopes up. I really want to be able to hand as much of this over to God as I can. It's just getting to be too much to handle on my own! With that said, I'm pretty excited about the possibility of Oing on my own!

7 comments:

Peeveme said...

Ik not expert but I think the test line on the POK has to be as dark or darker than the control line to be positive so it doesn ot sound like youahev had a spositive OPK yet. BUT whenver you see EWCm you should make the most of it.

best of luck. I know how hard it is to be doing things this way. All the testing...waiting...second guessing. Eventually you will ovulate so all you can do is to have sex every few days.

I also found that using my temp was much more accurate than OPK. I never got he hang of those!

Chele said...

I'd just go with the flow and bd whenever you have any kind of fertile mucus. ++++ vibes it happens when you are least expecting it.

Amy said...

I agree with Chele whenever you have a sign that you may be fertile just do it! Just a heads up it takes a while for clomid to get out of your system dependent on the dose you are on, from what I remember the higher the dose the longer. So hopefully the clomid is still giving you the little boost you need to O on your own. Get to BDing and we will all pray that it works. Hugs

Coco said...

I didn't know that about the Clomid, Amy! That would explain things... thank you!

Lucky Jones said...

I agree, BD when you feel like it and don't worry about buying more OPK's - you'll only make yourself crazy... then just casually remember to test in a couple of weeks... GL!!!

Steph O. said...

You can buy more opks if you want (i've never been a fan of them). But most important- get to BDing!!! It can't hurt, might help! :)

Lauren said...

Just do the do with your DH. I wouldnt' spend the money on those devil sticks. I have a history of false positives on them.