Saturday, June 13, 2009

Moving Disaster

I haven't been doing so hot at posting or commenting lately, have I? Sorry about that. It seems like lately I just don't have much to say.

A while back hubs and I decided that when our lease was up on our current apartment we would move down to a 1 bedroom (from a 2) to save money. When we signed the lease on this apartment, we were so sure that we would be pregnant by the time that we moved in so we got a 2 bedroom. Well, here we are a year later with no baby, no baby-belly, and no 2 cute pink lines. So we downsizing. It's actually kind of depressing when you think about it like that. I am trying real hard to think of it as just saving money. If by some miracle we get pregnant in the next year we can always renew our lease at the same complex and get a 2 bedroom.

Anyway, some how between hubs and I, and the complex people we got our move in dates mixed up twice. We were under the impression that we would be moving into the new place on Friday, the 19th. In fact, that is what our paper says. When we went to sign the papers this morning, we were informed that we are actually scheduled to move in on MONDAY the 15th! This wouldn't be such a big deal if it wasn't for the fact that we hadn't started packing until today. Oh yeah, and the fact that we both have jobs!!!! Luckily, hubs is off on Monday, so he will either be moving every thing by himself, or I will have to call into work. We would ask friends to help but it is super late notice and well, everyone else has to work too. At this point, we don't have much of a plan except to pack all weekend like mad.

Off topic here but I have been sick since Wednesday night. Worst sore throat ever, body aches, and fever. I went to the doctor on Thursday just to make sure it wasn't strep, which it isn't (thank you!), just a virus. The fever is gone and my throat is starting to feel better but now I have more cold-like symptoms, cough, runny nose, exhaustion. I am really tired of being sick... it's kind of hard to move when you are hacking up a lung.

Hope everyone is have a good weekend!

6 comments:

Stacie said...

Ugh. Packing in a hurry is a lot of work. Hoping everything goes smoothly and you get it all done for the move.

I think saving money is a great idea, especially in today's society. I pray that next year, you'll have to move again--back to your 2 bedroom. (You know, the universe is tricky like that...get a 2 bedroom, and you don't need it. Get a 1 bedroom and you'll need to find a bigger place!)

Happy 2 year Anniversary! (sorry it's a little late)

Hugs.

Chele said...

Let's put a different spin on the moving. By downsizing to a one bedroom apt. and saving money......murphy's law would dictate that you will be pregnant within the year. lol

At least you are moving within the same complex. Good luck with it! I hope the rest of the move goes smoothly and you are feeling much better soon.

Christina said...

What is the deal with apt complexes doing this?? Our move in date last year was mixed up and we had to move on a Tuesday. Actually I had to move on Tuesday! Josh couldn't get off and I moved almost everything on my own in my car!

Good luck moving though, hope it goes well.

Lauren said...

Ugh, that sounds stressful! I hope the move goes okay today and that you start feeling better soon!

By the way, I know what it's like to plan ahead for a baby, and then not end up with one. We bought a 6 bedroom house when we got married because we were planning on getting pregnant right away. Now all we have are these sad, childless bedrooms. The one we had set aside for the nursery is especially depressing.

Steph O. said...

If you end up pg, I'm looking for a 1 bdrm!

I hope you are feeling better. Moving while sick is no fun.

Amy said...

Moving stinks but saving money is always a good thing. I hope Chele's right and you get your BFP real soon.