Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My couch is smiling at me....

My husband broke my couch last night. IN HALF. (ok maybe not in half, in half)

See, we were having an X-Men marathon. We both love the movies and had a rare night of being off together. He got up to get a drink and I guess he thought I looked too comfortable because he came running. He ran and jumped onto me. My hubby is not a small man, at all. He weighs over 200 lbs. There was a huge cracking noise and a drop. The support on the bottom in the middle is broken in half. The middle cushion touches the floor.

Now it wasn't a nice couch. We got it as a hand-me-down from my mom when we got married and had planned on buying a new one in the future. It just would have been nice to be able to wait until this summer considering how much money we owe the IRS.

It's a good thing a have a sense of humor, cause my couch is smiling at me!

6 comments:

junebug said...

LMAO!! That is so funny! I love it! Not the IRS part, of course, that totally sucks!

Chele said...

LMAO! Rick did that to our last bed! Yikes! it sucks anytime you have to pay the IRS.

Ophelia said...

Well, there's always craigslist!

Morgan said...

I didn't get what you meant by "smiling" at you until I actually picture a couch sort of in half, LOL! too funny!

Christina said...

That's so funny! I can totally picture it happening too. Too bad you didn't record it!

Teresa said...

Yeah right, you know you were doing the dirty when it broke you just have to say it was because of an x-men marathon cuz your mom reads the blog. Haha! ;)

I can't comment on your most recent post for some reason but holy hell you MIGHT get triplets. Wouldn't that be a hoot?!