Thursday, March 26, 2009

I have the toots

Warning... possible TMI alert....

...if you don't like the word "fart" you probably should skip this one...


So I was a little gassy yesterday, nothing really noticeable. Then last night I had a feeling like I had to fart real bad but couldn't. My belly was distended and painful. I spent the entire night telling hubby, "I wish I could just let out a big fart!". He thought this was hilarious. I tried "sitting on the pot", as my family calls it, squatting, bending over, nothing helped. When I woke up this morning it was the same way until I finally got a little relief here at work.. hehe. I'm still pretty gassy and bloated but it isn't as painful as before. I do feel bad for the people that sit around me though. I think that all the gas is from the Prometrium. I was reading online today that progesterone can cause a lot of bloating and gas.

Anyone else had this side effect?

8 comments:

Lauren said...

Hahahahahaha
Oh my, lol

Chele said...

LMAO! I didn't take Prometrium but I did have baaaad gas everytime I was pg. I've got everything crossed that you're going to be my 3 for 3!

To A T said...

hooo hahahaha! I'm pretty gassy these days so I feel your pain. ;-)

Lila said...

So funny! lol

Melissa said...

LOL! Hmmm, I took oral Prometrium throughout the first trimester, but I didn't have any side effects from it whatsoever. However, certain foods made me terribly gassy during pregnancy - maybe it was something you ate? Hope you're feeling better; there's nothing worse than being trapped at work with horrible gas pain.

Lucky Jones said...

I had prometrium suppositories, they didn't make me gassy.. BUT being gassy is a sign of PG, so I really hope that's what it is!! Hope you get some "relief"!

Morgan said...

LMAO, you are hilarious!! I hope you get some "relief" too!! I about died laughing at your title for the post..the toots! HAHAH!

Amy said...

I hope you get gas relief soon. But then again I hope it's because your going to get you BFP and then I hate to say the gas just comes with the territory.