Thursday, March 12, 2009

Faced my fear!

Scariest part is complete! I just got finished giving myself the Novarel shot. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be (of course). After I said a prayer, I numbed my stomach with ice and just went for it. All I can say is that it's a good thing I have all the extra belly fat to squeeze. :)

On another note, I'm thinking that maybe a girl that is on artificial hormones who is about to give herself a shot that scares the crap out of her shouldn't watch shows like Grey's Anatomy or Private Practice. They tend to be tear jerkers.

Stay tuned: IUI to come!

9 comments:

Christine said...

Yay!!!!! Soooo happy you are moving in this direction.....Good Luck!

Melissa said...

Best of luck! I hope this upcoming IUI is your golden ticket.

Lauren said...

Good for you!
I want to be on injectibles, but I can't even watch when someone else sticks needles into me. How am I going to do it myself??

Maybe that should be my new thing. Watching the needle while they take my blood. Starting tomorrow morning!

Chele said...

Good Luck! I've got everything crossed that this is your cycle.

Ophelia said...

WOOHOO! My crossables are crossed for ya!

nancy said...

YAY!! Good for you! And after ALL the injections I've had, behind PIO injections, the hcg trigger was always the WORST. You are a superhero! :)

Morgan said...

YAY goodluck!! Yeah, I so cried lastnight watching Grey's Anatomy...poor Izzie. :(

junebug said...

Good for you! I never got over the fear and made my husband give me every shot. I'm a baby. I would prepare the needle and everything I just couldn't stick myself. You are a better woman than me. :-)

Lucky Jones said...

Good luck! And congrats on giving yourself a shot! It's not so bad, is it? ;-)

Carol